• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

1974 Willard Nomad $31,500.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StellaB

Vessel Name
Stella B
Vessel Make
Willard 30
Rejuvinated and Loved.

Posted on Craigslist: Willard Nomad 30 1974… Rejuvinated, Updated and Loved
https://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/d/anacortes-willard-nomad-rejuvinated/7681957425.html

Stella B
Willard Nomad/Vega
1974 Sedan Trawler
FriendShip of the Salish Sea
With 8 foot Inflatable Dinghy
Only $31,500
Firm on price, Cash Out Only

Scammers will be Ignored and Reported
(Will be 39k if we have to list it with our fine local broker)
Purchased for 30k 2 years ago
and about $40,000 in Upgrades.

In Cap Santa Marina Anacortes Washington

Marinized 37hp Mitsubishi Engine ¾ gallon per hour.
New 9.9 Yamaha Kicker Motor with Remote 10 hours
80 Gallons Fresh Water
100 Gallons Fuel in Freshly Cleaned Tanks
10 Gallon Black Water Tank, Never with a #2 since we’ve owned her.
Forced Air Kerosene Heater, Plus a Engine Run Heater, and Hot Water
All New Garmin Electronics and Radar
New Fusion Stereo System
New Windlass (for rope rode)
New Dining Table and Pneumatic Pedestal
New Rear Deck Table and Umbrella Set Up
New Fuel Lines (80%)
New Fuel Pump
New Racor Fuel Filter Housing.
New Injectors
New, Super Cool, Stainless Electric Dinghy Crane
New Zincs and Bottom Paint
New Dock Lines
New Flopper Stopper, pole included.
New LED Lights
New Driving Lights
New Upper Deck Stanchions and Lifelines
New Rudder Bearings
New fittings and hoses on fuel system
New clear hatch cover/protector
New Macerator
Renewed Electric (It was a mess)
Decent Varnish.
Waxed Hull
We worked on her 900 hours in past two years.

Stella B is a beautiful, loved and sound vessel. We have invested nearly $40,000 in repairs and improvements since we bought her in 2021 for 30K. We had dreams for her. We have loved her dearly. We had scads of fun with her throughout the San Juan Islands and North Whidbey of Washington State. Alas, retirement, health and family changes have made us proceed with an early and somewhat painful sale. The loss financially is significant. Though we could sell her for more, we have chosen this current price because we want a short process to let her go.

With that in mind, we intend to sell her to people who will love her and use her for fun. Hopefully someone who is skilled or, eager to learn, mariner. She is older, so there will be issues that arise. So, someone with rudimentary mechanical mindset is a bonus. She is simple mechanically. And salty and easy to travel in. Sturdy and Pretty. Also, we intend to be transparent regarding potential challenges with her. On a daily travel side, she can be a challenge to back up. We use prop walk (to the starboard) to our advantage. On the mechanical side she runs and starts well. She could use anti-slip paint on the back deck. The Fuel tanks are Spotless and clean. Cleaned and polished 2 years ago. The only other thing we can see as future fix is either buffing the plexiglass windows or eventually changing them. Those are the only things we can think of that potential challenges. She runs great. But there are no guarantees.

She has no leaks, no dripping portholes, no squishy decking. The best part of her is the galley, the dining setup and the amazing 360 degree view, full of light, in the cabin. Wow, she is an absolute joy to hang out in at anchor. Great for bringing friends along, especially on the cold days when the two cabin heaters really make comfort a reality. Lots and lots of storage, too. And fine stove. The water system and head work great. And are Not stinky.

As far as intangibles she is stately and always attracts positive, and affirming events an people.

Please contact us with questions and consider seeing her IF you are qualified with the whole amount of cash and sincerity in your intention. For our part we will be completely straight forward and honest. But we won’t fool around with people who are tire kickers, scammers or fakers. Stella deserves a loving family or individual to take her on adventures (Like the many times she has been to Alaska Ports). Let us know if you are interested. This price is a bargain, when one considers that approximately $70,000, including the original price of 30K, has been invested in her.

Take Care and Thank You.

Attachments

• IMG_3398.jpg
    IMG_3398.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
your trawler

Hi

Unfortunately, we are in opposite coasts.

Trucking her is the only way to get her closer, I live in Morehead City NC but interested to do the Lakes next year.

Just 2 days away from getting home after this season

Do you know the height, I believe trucking has a limit on 12 ft ?

Appreciate your add, I sail my 1987 Cape Dory 30 and thinking on having to let her go is a non-resolved issue.

You can check my posting history

David

I believe this used to be Willie. Eric?

Her name is Stella B now.
I measure her height up to the top of the radar and add depth. Loads of interest. She is such a fine boat.

Hi

Unfortunately, we are in opposite coasts.

Trucking her is the only way to get her closer, I live in Morehead City NC but interested to do the Lakes next year.

Just 2 days away from getting home after this season

Do you know the height, I believe trucking has a limit on 12 ft ?

Appreciate your add, I sail my 1987 Cape Dory 30 and thinking on having to let her go is a non-resolved issue.

You can check my posting history

David
13 feet will get you under every interstate bridge as most are set at a safe 13’6”. It appears to be plenty low enough to clear bridges. Beam is the next issue , under 12 is no problem , 10 would be even better. Still looking at probably a minimum of 5-6 $ a mile.

Her name is Stella B now.
I measure her height up to the top of the radar and add depth. Loads of interest. She is such a fine boat.

I have posted her on the PNW Willard Owners Group.

My PH 30 was under 14' with the mast dropped, spec on the beam is 10' 6". I trucked mine from Virginaiato Anacortes with no issues. I am confident this boat is well below the bridge height of my model.

13 feet will get you under every interstate bridge as most are set at a safe 13’6”. It appears to be plenty low enough to clear bridges. Beam is the next issue , under 12 is no problem , 10 would be even better. Still looking at probably a minimum of 5-6 $ a mile.

===============================

your numbers are very close.

was going to truck/transport my Cape Dory 30 from Cape Cod to Morehead City NC (about 800 miles)
and the estimate was about $6000

Eventually got a few favorable days and sailed.

PS
StellaB is a lovely boat

David.
Thank you. She is lovely. And it's a heartbreak to sell her.
Rick

she is a beauty. you will sell her quickly, if i didn't have two boats I'll get her in a second.

I really appreciate and respect the straightforward way you present her and this offering. I have a 34 foot Cheoy Lee Pilothouse that I may have to sell someday if things get worse. I want to use the same straightforward approach with a bargain price like you have done. Best of luck with the sale. My heart goes out to you. I think I am starting to get an inkling of how this must feel.

Willy became … Stella

I believe this used to be Willie. Eric?

Yes, thank you Bob.
I miss her so much. But I’m almost 84 now so passing/giving up things is the order of the day.

Many improvements have been made and dollars spent. It would be an odd duck that would feel more investment would be needed.

Wish we were heading north on July 5 as was our norm. So many places we did not go.

One place I really wanted to go was Gillen Harbour on Dewdney Is. It’s west of Butedale as the Crow flies. Gillen Harbour opens to the south and I’m sure there is a lot of kelp in the entrance. Didn’t get there on our last trip.
A Willard 30 could be the perfect boat to go there there in. Bigger or smaller wouldn’t be better. But as they say at the races “run what you brung”.

Last edited:
We lowered the price to 29k. Less than what we paid, and not counting 40 in improvements. I would hope that someone that lioves her and is capable of maintaining her will buy her. So far Craiglist has brought 7 rude tire kickers and 4 no shows and one nice person who caught himself over his head and backed out. The New listing is here. It's too hard and we just need her to sell now. Thanks.
https://skagit.craigslist.org/boa/d/anacortes-willard-nomad-rejuvinated/7681957425.html

Hello,
The Craigslist link says "deleted by author" - so no additional photos show.
Send a PM to me to discuss. I am interested.
Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
There is one for sale in Tacoma, WA, it was on Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom