Concealed midship boarding ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregorama

Hi, I ran across this while searching for an emergency boarding ladder for the swim step. It's a boarding stepladder that might be cut into the side just under the deck, giving a boarding step for a midships entry. My wife/line handler is less nimble than she used to be and is not the type to jump from rail to dock, and it's a few feet from deck to dock height..

Has anyone used this product, any reviews? I would be concerned it could get ripped off with boat motion, or otherwise leak mounting under the deck.

https://www.sealuxpro.com/SeaLux-Concealed-Box-Ladder-3-Step

From description and design it seems to be made for Swim platform boarding. There it would drop into the water. Not sure how well it would work if just suspended in air midship. Probably better than nothing but I don't think my wife would use it.

While not that great I do have a fender ladder that I can drop over. It just hangs off two stanchions via nylon lines. It is a bit better than a traditional rope ladder and can double as a fender. I use it normally at fuel or pump outs as I can scramble up midship vs going to step across the stern platform. Usually whe single handed.

Last edited:
to be fitted into the bathing platform.

It looks pretty goofy to me, but in real life who knows. I would contact the manufacturer and ask them if it has ever been used in your situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom