Diesel Fill- Winter Harbor to Lubec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WA1KPD

I am planning a trip from my home port (South Bristol, ME) to Lubec next month. It appears based on various online sources that the last place going east where I can fill up with diesel is Southwest Harbor on Arcadia. Although possible, it puts me a little bit too close to my conservative tastes for fuel range.

Is there a place anywhere in between that I am missing?

Thanks
Carl

What is your fuel capacity and consumption? The leg from S Bristol to SW Harbor is only 90 SMs. Only an outboard powered boat with a small tank like the one in my avatar would have a problem with that.

Get a 5 gallon diesel jug and carry it along in case.

David

Lots of options. Jonesport is one. If you're worried about making the round trip, then there's fuel in Eastport. I don't recall if there's anything in Lubec.

What's your capacity and range? On this trip I'd be more worried about getting the cheapest price than whether I'd run out.

My favorite fuel dock is Clifton's in NE Harbor entrance. After that you must stop at lobster docks for fuel. Bar Harbor is too far out of your way if you are going down east. There are a couple of fuel stops in Jonesport on either side of the bridge. When going to lobster wharfs for fuel, you must be aware of their schedules. The fisherpersons leave early in the morning, do their work and go back to unload and refuel. You must not try to stop during their busy times of the early morning or after lunch thru the evening. If you show up at 10 am you may get some fuel. Just remember that pleasure boats are just a distraction for these folks. You will ask for a few gallons of fuel when they are used to pumping a bunch for each working boat.

Back
Top Bottom