ICW & Waterway Distances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcoyoniop

Vessel Name
Calamar II
Vessel Make
Mainship Aft Cabin
Hi,
Does anyone know of a reference of distances along the waterways? I use the NOAA Port to Port Distance charts for outside, but I'm looking for along the ICW and waterways north of Norfolk. Specifically, running on the inside (as much as possible,) from Rouses Point, NY to Charleston, SC. I can map out waypoints on Aqua Map, or Navionics, but I'm just looking for a quick guide to estimate time/fuel as we are looking for a bigger boat, searching many locations. Thanks in advance for any help!

The printed Waterway Guide has a distance table. I highly recommend buying a current edition. Indispensable for cruising the ICW.

If you use the Aquamaps app, one of the very nice features is their AICW mile marker reference. Simply, you can click or tap on the AICW, and in addition to depth and GPS coordinants, it will give you the mile marker on the AICW to a tenth of a mile. Remember, the markers are in statute miles even if you set your preference for nautical miles or kilometers. Then all you have to do is subtract the difference between the two points you want to travel between.

Screenshot_20240311_202809_Aqua Map Marine.jpg

Ted

Back
Top Bottom