New Trawler Live-aboards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirtdiver1977

Vessel Name
Destiny
Vessel Make
1984 41' Roughwater
Hello every one.

My name is Martin and my wife is Mary. We recently purchased a 1984 41' Roughwater Trawler here in Florida. Needless to say its going to need a lot of upgrades being 39 years old. My plan is a 600Ah Victron System from Battle Born with 800W of solar and 400W on the wind turbine. While we will docked in the marina the majority of the time we will be taking trips to the Keys and the Caribbean here and there. While I have my own YouTube channel the wife and I have decided to make another specifically for the boat and its upgrades with products reviews.

Attachments

• 277588705_150441937441869_6168137439591134041_n.jpg
    277588705_150441937441869_6168137439591134041_n.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 24
Welcome! Roughwater 41 was almost my first boat (ended up with a Uniflite 42). Last year I met a young couple in Chula Vista (near San Diego) who were fixing up a recently purchased R41.

You'll find a strong knowledge base here on TF, especially with Victron/solar and LFP.

Peter

Welcome aboard. Being new to Trawler life myself, we are always looking to learn from others. We have a project boat that needs a ton of work but we were fortunate to take her out and use it in the first year. Still lots more to go. Looking forward to your channel to gain some ideas and insight :)

We recently made the switch to the dark side and mostly live on her. So much to learn it can be overwhelming. Need to take the attitude if it floats, can move and is safe you can chip away at the projects. Start with the safety things first, then the engine(s), then the mechanical stuff and cosmetics last.

We recently made the switch to the dark side and mostly live on her. So much to learn it can be overwhelming. Need to take the attitude if it floats, can move and is safe you can chip away at the projects. Start with the safety things first, then the engine(s), then the mechanical stuff and cosmetics last.

Not really the dark side, I suspect that your power boat has a lot more light inside it than the sailboat.

Having a helping hand when it comes to Victron stuff would be great. That being said i'll post a design from draw.io that I did for our electrical system upgrade. Battle Born has a 600Ah GC2 Van Kit that I like. Sothoughts and insights would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 600Ah System.jpg
    600Ah System.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 22
Martin & Mary,

Welcome aboard TF!

We went with 1200ah of Battleborn LiFePO4, 2,880 watts of solar and a Victron Quattro 12/5000. All combined, it's a game changer!:dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom