Newbee to the Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fatheroftwins

Vessel Name
SUMMERSALT
Vessel Make
1978 Mainship 34
Hello everyone,

I've enjoyed this resource for years and have finally joined.
A little about me to share:
I'm in my 60's and I've been boating for 50 years. I've sailed from Md to Maine with Dad 3 times ( 35' wooden Sparkman and Stephens "Weekender in my teens). Sailed to Key largo and back with my boss, Beneteau 427. I've owned about 9 powerboats: 1988 Chaparral 2350SX , 19' CC Cape Craft, 76 30' Egg Harbor, 227 Grady White, 17' Mako, 19.5' Glassmaster, 24' Wahoo, 2100 Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser and my newly aquired 1978 Mainship MK 1 with 315 Yanmar (1000 Hrs) New bow thruster and 8K generator.( Hit 18.8 Knots bringing her home last week :) No hull blisters, decks have been replaced, New BW tranny, new SS shaft, new cutlass bearing and dripless shaft seal. My nephew is a unlimited class Yacht captain currently on a 180 with 4 screws.( a fantastic resource for me.)
Other family members cruised to Exumas, Venezuela , Canada, etc...
I am and have been the mechanic on all of my boats.
The mainship needs me and I'm here for her. My Wife loves the boat too !
Lots of remodeling planned.
Future cruising is the plan. Loop, Bahamas, Canada.
PS. 1.5 miles per gallon cruising at 15 knots @ 3250 RPM. 510 mile run last week. MA to MD. WOT is only 3550 so prop pitch adjustment will be done (20"x19p 4 blade now). 20 Knots expected at 3800 RPM after prop worked.
I plan to cruise slow, sip fuel and have speed when I need.
I hope you enjoyed the read and I look forward to many years of discussions with you all. This is great.

Thank you.

I'll post a boat pic after I figure out how to do it. Ha.

Welcome! Ain't Maine Great!

Tim
Welcome aboard TF.
We live Maine a make an annual visit to Pemquid Pt / New Hbr area with friends.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom