Raymarine Evolution Autopilot Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nveater

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pathfinder
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot 30
So I just finished installing a Raymarine Evolution EV 150 auto pilot into my 1999 Mainship Pilot 30 and I thought I would share some of my highs and lows. I have a seastar steering single station.
I located the autopilot pump and ACU unit in a compartment under the helm seat- I had to cut a hole in the outboard side to give me easy access to the wire run which went up to the helm station.
I located the EV-1 about 3 aft of the ACU in a seat locker.
I teed the new hydraulic hose in the back of the steering pump. I found I really had to crank down on the fittings especially at the autopilot pump to stop small hydraulic leaks. This is easier to do if the pump is not secured to the deck or whatever yet as its difficult to get wrenches around the various fittings.
Bleeding the system took me awhile and I was very glad to have a friend to help. I the Raymarine and Seastar instructions for bleeding ( Note the fitting I got online to attach to he steering pump and the hydraulic bottle didn't fit and we had to adapt. I did not buy from Seastar but an amazon purveyor). I did bleed the cylinder back by the rudder and that ws they key for me in finishing the job.
On the Sea trail I did discover that I had attached the two wires from the autopilot pump to the ACU backwards. I swapped them around and they system worked perfectly.

Hope that helps anyone undertaking this project

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom