Live aboard slip availability in SW FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Djacobs

Does anyone have any real info on available live aboard slips in SW FL (preferably Manatee or Sarasota county)?

38ft LOA
13ft Beam
4ft Draft

Thanks in advance

Not sure if they allow live aboard, but check out Marina Jacks in Sarasota,

Try Palm Harbor marina in Englewood if you are ok being that far south. Think that is Charlotte county however

John

They allow Live aboards at fisherman’s village in punta gorda. Still, a bit further south than you wanted.

Solution: be a transient. Move, move, move. Won't work if you are not a cruiser.

At my high-vacancy marina, just "lay low" as liveaboards are limited to 10 percent.

Last edited:
Yes! Regatta Pointe on the Manatee river has a slip available. I know because we had to leave our slip lease early (last week) and the marina is still looking to put a boat in that slip - E21. They welcome live aboards. Message me if you need more info.

Thank you very much for the timely info! I was under the impression one had to be a member to book a slip in the winter there. Did get the wrong info?

Thanks again

Please message me your email address and I’ll forward you the info from the marina. You don’t need to be a member, we aren’t. We live a half hour away and found a slip much closer, so we ended our lease early. September is already paid for, so if you want it now, it’s all yours.

Thanks very much. I have a lease until Nov in a very nice slip, so it will be a couple months before i move. I am still very interested and may be willing to pay a month overlap in order to secure for the winter.

Djacobsimons@gmail.com

Back
Top Bottom