2001 Mainship 390 Additional AC outlets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Depot

Veteran Member
I would like to an AC outlet infant of the lower helm. Has anyone done it?
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Steve

On mine there is an A/C feed to the lighting transformer, buried in the space below the dashboard. I expect you could tap into that for an A/C duplex outlet. Not much room to work in there, but possible.

Do you know if the front panel is removable? I see two screws on the starboard side of the panel and two on the top under the dashboard.

I don't know. On mine there are several switches and the helm itself mounted to the panel. They had to build it somehow but that is carpentry beyond my pay grade.

I think I will cut an access hole in the panel and install a Teak looser access door.
Thanks
Steve

I put an outlet on the top next to the engine control. Ran Romex from the PC power panel in the rear thru the engine room. Faily simple.

Sorry, that's AC power panel not PC. Fat fingers this am lol!

Thank you. Do you have single or twins?
It’s a single Cat. My instrument panel is hinged so I can raise it to get access inside. I found no AC access on the stbd side except at the power panel or ac outlet in the head or fwd cabin so I used a run from the ac ckt breaker on the power panel. I have also added ac outlets in the flybridge using the outlet for the microwave on the port side. Mine is a 1997 MS350 but I suspect they wire their models in a similar fashion.

Note that solid conductors are not compliant w ABYC Stds and should be avoided. Best to follow stds when modifying wiring.

It’s a single Cat. My instrument panel is hinged so I can raise it to get access inside. I found no AC access on the stbd side except at the power panel or ac outlet in the head or fwd cabin so I used a run from the ac ckt breaker on the power panel. I have also added ac outlets in the flybridge using the outlet for the microwave on the port side. Mine is a 1997 MS350 but I suspect they wire their models in a similar fashion.
I can see an AC junction box when I lift the hinged Lower helm instrument panel but cannot tech it. I could cut an access door and wire it and then install a louvered door for future access if needed or run a romex like you did. On our 2001 390 I do no see an access hole on the port side to run an ac line to the fly bridge from the microwave outlet. Did you have do drill a hole?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom