2003 Mainship 430 Double Cabin Fuel Supply Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterg

Hi All -
In learning about my new-to-me Mainship 430, it appears the fuel supply setup is very simple, with only supply and return lines to each engine from/to the corresponding port or stb tank. Generator has supply and return from the port tank. The only valves are on the supply lines, at the tanks. I don't see a cross over line between tanks.

Do other 430 owners have the same setup? Has anyone modified their setup to add a fuel manifold and allow more flexibility in where fuel is drawn and returned? Seems like even a simple crossover line to equalize the tanks could be useful, if there is a fitting on the tanks.

Thanks,
Peter

Our 2003 430 has a crossover at the bottom rear of the tanks, with valves at each tank.

Tanks without crossover capability are certainly an inconvenience and possibly a hazard under certain operating conditions, and I would correct it.

Our 2003 430 has a crossover at the bottom rear of the tanks, with valves at each tank.

Our 2001 430 has the same factory installed crossover hose with valves at the tanks. I cut this hose in the middle and inserted a tee with additional inline ball valves so I can select which tank. The tee is connected to a 12 vdc Walbro fuel pump that pumps the fuel through a Racor MA1000 filter back into the tank inlets at the top opposite end. I also put valves in the return lines so I can can select which tank.
This setup is a lot simpler than it sounds. It lets me polish the fuel in either tank or transfer fuel from one tank to the other through the 2 micron filter element in the Racor. When the tanks are less than half full I can transfer all the fuel back and forth between the tanks through the filter. It has been very helpful when the tanks get unequal amounts of fuel.

Jim Fidler
Punta Gorda, FL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom