58 LRC Salon AC condensate drain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TurtleIV

Hello all! I am having trouble locating the AC condensate drain hose in the salon AC. The only access from the top is under the pan which isn’t accessible without removing the coil. Below is the engine room. I’ve found a couple drain hoses which I’ve shop vac’d out and they flow fine so I haven’t located it yet.
Anyone have any suggestions. On where it might be routed.
IMG_6988.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6908.jpeg
    IMG_6908.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
I have that cabinet partially dismantled but the AC is running. The panel facing forward is removed exposing the AC unit, ducting and hoses. I will stop on my way home and see if I can trace the drain hose. I will update you asap. If you want to send me a private message with your cell phone number and I can call or text you photos. Steve M.

I have that cabinet partially dismantled but the AC is running. The panel facing forward is removed exposing the AC unit, ducting and hoses. I will stop on my way home and see if I can trace the drain hose. I will update you asap. If you want to send me a private message with your cell phone number and I can call or text you photos. Steve M.
Steve:
You are the best. Turtle was the first 58 launched.
Hatteras made changes along the way. My salon AC is generally located in the same place but the vents are different.

Thanks. I love these yachts and love to help when I can. I traced the drain line through the deck and along the aft bulkhead of the engine room to a sump pump on the floor of the ER just forward of the aft bulkhead under the starboard exhaust riser. I don’t know why it went from the port side all of the way over to the starboard side. My guess is that the port side was crowded by AC water pump, its through hull and sea strainer.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 2
lucky you today i searched the battery bank 3 hour. underbed in master stateroom. F...ing what is stateroom. matres I never in my life see something weight over 50 kg.
tomorrow water, raritan Atlantic vacum toilet, grocco water pump (4000$) no way pump must be repair or we switch on proper staff marco pump or good Chinese. uper limit 1000€ max for pump repair

Back
Top Bottom