80HP lehman 2722E Injection pump oil fill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phorvati

Hi, my engine has Injection pump that recirculates engine lube oil. its 90HP, i fat fingered the title, sorry. So my injection pump is NOT the type with its own oil. I had sent the Injection pump and injectors for service, I just installed it back. Do I need to pre-fill injection pump lube oil before I start the engine?
If so which of the two ports in below picture are for filling lube oil. Also Some youtube videos show side plug that gets open to indicate when sufficient oil is added. Do i need to do that as well? I don't see anything that resembles a side plug on my pump. Simms Minimec P5513/2

Attachments

• IP_OilFill.jpg
    IP_OilFill.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 35
Your pump should have a manufactures name plate with model & serial. Find a manual online or maybe ebay.
Overfilling a injector pump oil can cause the seals to blow out. Ask the people who rebuilt the pump.

Your pump should have a manufactures name plate with model & serial. Find a manual online or maybe ebay.
Overfilling a injector pump oil can cause the seals to blow out. Ask the people who rebuilt the pump.
My pump does not have its own oil. It shares oil with main crankcase oil. So any access will drain into the crankcase. I was just wondering if i need to pre-fill it for "fresh" startup after pump was in the shop. I got a response from American Diesel that I don't need to do anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom