Albin 25 wet exhaust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the black rubber "football" wet exhaust muffler found in a lot of Albins? I believe they must be classified as horizontal below waterline mufflers and must have a one way valve to prevent siphoning. I think the valve is sticking on mine.

I believe they are made by Vetus. A guy I knew had an Albin 25 and I think he said it was made by Vetus. But it has been about 30 years so I may be wrong.

Vetus sounds right. They have been known to blow up nearly sinking at least a few A25s. Lots of info at Albin Owners Group.

Every now and then I find my memory working…

Actually is wasn’t Vetus. I couldn't find anything on their site so I finally removed my muffler and once I got the name I was able to find quite a lot of info on the net.
It was made by a Canadian company called Elastomuffle (not ...muffler with an "r"). They were in business in 1958 and ceased being in business fifteen or sixteen years ago. These rubber mufflers were apparently no longer certified as safe for insurance etc.
Mine has a date stamp on it of Feb 8, 1976, the same year as our A25 Deluxe. So original equipment!
Thanks for your comments and I am am sure most A25s have a Vetus muffler... in a few weeks I hope ours does as well ;-)

Ours had a Centek muffler. Now it comes back to me. Eblastomuffle(r) was what some called them. Good catch. Change it now.

WillieC2 - I didn't catch your joke right away. E blasto ... good one! Ours was puffing up like it was going to explode but thankfully the engine stalled before that happen. It had small sheets of a disintegrated black rubber inside which was likely a failed membrane, so the odd looking "valve" no longer works.
A Centek Vernalift is on order.

WillieC2 - I didn't catch your joke right away. E blasto ... good one! Ours was puffing up like it was going to explode but thankfully the engine stalled before that happen. It had small sheets of a disintegrated black rubber inside which was likely a failed membrane, so the odd looking "valve" no longer works.
A Centek Vernalift is on order.
Elmo, we owned an A25 for 10 years or so. Just sold it last summer and moved up to a Nordic Tug 26. One foot longer but also one foot wider. But I loved that Albin. If I knew how to Private Message, I would like to converse more if you are open.

Elmo, we owned an A25 for 10 years or so. Just sold it last summer and moved up to a Nordic Tug 26. One foot longer but also one foot wider. But I loved that Albin. If I knew how to Private Message, I would like to converse more if you are open.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240828-185023_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240828-185023_Chrome.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom