Another “I” storm for SWFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With wind turning west it will push more water in unfortunately.
Next high for Tampa about 1500hrs.
Tarpon Springs about 1230.
Punta Gorda about 1500.

So does this storm merge with Franklin in the Atlantic?

At the boat now. Water is down about 2 to 3 feet from max max high water mark as seen from debris. Water was probably 2 to 3 feet over the docks at 1 point. Boat faired well. Running generator to charge batteries since shore power is still secured. They got down to 79%. Not bad for 2 AGM. However I realized I had left the fridge breaker DC circuit energized. Boneheaded move. Ill need to make a storm prep checklist.

Attachments

• 20230830_132532.jpg
    20230830_132532.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 40
If the water got as high up as the receptacles on the shore power posts...expect near term problems.

If they did, flush yours out ASAP with fresh water and use dielectric grease on the prongs....but it's the inner connections that will become the issue.

If the water got as high up as the receptacles on the shore power posts...expect near term problems.

If they did, flush yours out ASAP with fresh water and use dielectric grease on the prongs....but it's the inner connections that will become the issue.

It got as high as the hangers, about a foot under the receptacles. While not a direct soaking I am sure there was some ingress. Marina will turn power back on tomorrow after drying out. I cleaned my receptacle with electro contact cleaner and then some DC4 on the contacts. Sprayed the backside as well as I could without disassembly. Took the time to clean the power cord contacts as well with some Scotchbrite. Ill go by after work and see how it goes. Marina owner was slowly upgrading the power stations. Hopefully he will continue.

It got as high as the hangers, about a foot under the receptacles. While not a direct soaking I am sure there was some ingress. Marina will turn power back on tomorrow after drying out. I cleaned my receptacle with electro contact cleaner and then some DC4 on the contacts. Sprayed the backside as well as I could without disassembly. Took the time to clean the power cord contacts as well with some Scotchbrite. Ill go by after work and see how it goes. Marina owner was slowly upgrading the power stations. Hopefully he will continue.

As a general rule of thumb, if the marina turns the power off for a storm, stow the power cable on the boat and close the inlet on the boat. Too many bad things can happen between the storm and a minimum wage employee turning the power back on before systems are checked.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom