Best Davits for Lowering Inflatables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESSEDIVER49

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
I'm looking for the best Davits on the market today for replacing my 12-yo Brower Davit. Or, an alternate solution for launching and stowing my inflatable. It has to be an easy launch and stow mechanism. My Brower davit's boom works fine but the reel does not. The reel's motor or gearbox may be jammed or possibly the line wrapped around the reel and is stuck. In any event, it will require a total removal and disassembly. Brower is out of business and I can't find anyone near Cape May, NJ to service it. I already spent over $800 to replace a single busted hydraulic line. That required a partial boom disassembly.

While I have no direct experience yet with this system, as I have yet to install it, the video on Cruising this old boat makes it look like a user friendly system. You can actually talk to the owner of the company. I am installing this on a GB 36. Choose from either aluminum or stainless. My system was designed for a west marine 10' fiberglass rib. Also have AB 10' aluminum rib. These are powered by 8hp or less outboard. Keeps registration free in MD.

Back
Top Bottom