Big updates on Seattle's freshest water private marina that isn't behind the locks: Duwamish Yacht Club 5 mi up Duwamish River from Elliott Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNW

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M/V Changing Tides
Vessel Make
1985 CHB 38' Trawler
We are really enjoying our slip we purchased here at DYC and wanted to let others looking for permanent moorage know about these prices if unaware. Not an ad from the board of DYC this is just a personal post from me because I have my boat here and love it and I predict the prices are going way up in 2026 once everyone finds out it's been dredged and all future dredges are now already paid for by the dues. I posted some of this earlier this year in someone else's thread and it seems like all the info floating around is pretty old so here's the stuff I know which is up to date as of 9/26/2024.

===================

~$26,000 for uncovered, up to 40'LOA
~$34,000 for covered, up to 40'LOA

(a couple longer slips may still be available uncovered, ask if you're between 40'-55' LOA)

It's definitely below market rate, I've seen the comps, none of which even had liveaboard available, and most of which are in saltwater or behind the locks where it takes so long to get out to the Sound. Tell me where else you can find liveaboard in Seattle and not be renting from some managed marina for $1200+/mo if you're lucky enough to find a boat for sale in a transferable slip, let alone be in fresh water??

I found out this summer that this is because most people either don't know about this private club marina at all, or don't know the progress made on dredging out the marina and signing the new land lease with the trust that owns all this. So, here's why I think you should come check it out if you need a slip now or are boat shopping and will eventually need one (especially if you want liveaboard option).

- The land lease has been signed for 30 years so that's finally taken care of, unless you're very young lol this should be plenty of time to enjoy boat life!

- It's fresh water, so no barnacles, and engine systems getting flushed as you come home. It's so fresh I just switched my anodes out to aluminum because the zincs were not being eaten.

- It's a quick trip to Blake Island, few hours to Poulsbo, no locking through, and you can easily get to all the freeways from here in South Park, just here next to Georgetown. 99, I-5, 509, I-90, West Seattle Bridge.

- You can live aboard if you want! Add $150/mo for the extra features of that (park 3rd vehicle in gated lot, free pump out at your slip bi-weekly), no quota for owners so you'll always have the option.

- $$$$ If you're entertaining the idea of rental income, you can sublet it when you're away, or (and this is perfect if you're still shopping for a boat) just buy a slip that already has a boat subletting it (most of them do) and take over the sublet when you purchase, because then you can actually bring in money from the slip right away and can take your time boat shopping. If we had known about this my wife and I would have done exactly that, it's a no-brainer! But we only found out about this private marina hidden up the river when we came to check out a boat listed on Craigslist.

- The dues are wicked affordable, about $450/mo I'm paying and that's including the electricity being metered.

- Electric for this size slip is 30A (here on my dock pole at least, I suppose some could have been upgraded?) and the community here is great! I've met some awesome boaters and really enjoyed our first club cruise to Poulsbo this summer with them.

===================

Come have a look if you need moorage, or even if you just want to see what it's like and rent first (that's what I did). It's really cool and there's sheds that people sell to each other here and small-boat/trailer parking area, a clubhouse with little kitchen and TV room, showers, coin laundry. Seriously, I've never seen a marina like this, trust me if this was already dredged the prices would be way higher, and in 2026 I'm guessing the word will get out. That's my guess anyway, this is just my opinion about the place, and I want to see if there are any others like me who are looking at a boat and wondering "where will I put it??"

DM me or email help@joshsmarineseattle.com if you want to be let in the gate and shown around when I'm around. I am here very often and I work on boats so I'm generally nearby, but I'm not the office manager or anything, again I just like it here and would love to see more young couples getting the option to go boat life like we did this year.

If you prefer to speak with someone more official, you can call Kathryn at the office 206-767-9330 (hours: 10am to 3pm, Tuesday through Thursday) and ask more over the phone or be put in contact with the commodore or whatever you need.

-Josh

Attachments

• DYC-Office-768x432-1.jpg
    DYC-Office-768x432-1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 14
  • JPG_20240608091800.jpg
    JPG_20240608091800.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240920_013500094.jpg
    PXL_20240920_013500094.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20240904_204436072.jpg