Buying Racor fuel filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helmsman

Guru
Vessel Name
Mishy Jean
Vessel Make
Helmsman Trawler 38E
I am looking for recommendations on where to buy Racor 2040v10 primary fuel filters, along with an r12pul primary fuel filter for the generator.

The Racor store has them for $10.17 @10 micron.

I have bought lots of things from the racorstore.com and never had a problem.

I use the 2040N Filters. Amazon has two for 27.00 including shipping. The Racorstore has the for 9.98. For two they wanted $20 for shipping.

Now I entered QTY 10 and the shipping what down to $16.50. :banghead:

I just checked, the RacorStore is 43 miles from my house. Maybe someday I just might go there?

I find that a lot of times that even if the unit price is more that with free shipping Amazon comes out cheaper overall.

I've ordered filters and drain valves from racorstore before, all good.

Just recently, I put in a larger order for new drain valves, new vacuum gauges, new seal kits... almost $600... and the regular shipping is ~$24. Not unreasonable.

Expedited shipping would have increased quickly, but we didn't need that...

-Chris

Take care purchasing "Racor" filters on Amazon or eBay. So many listings now for knock-off versions.

At this point I would only used racorstore.com, Defender, Westmarine or some other legit place.

Take care purchasing "Racor" filters on Amazon or eBay. So many listings now for knock-off versions.

At this point I would only used racorstore.com, Defender, Westmarine or some other legit place.

Thanks. This is the reason I brought the question up. For something like fuel filters, I want to get good quality. Just no reason to create a situation with knock offs.

I use industrial stop.com for Caterpillar filters, maybe they have racor

Back
Top Bottom