Cole Bay, Lake Champlain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieO.

Guru
Vessel Name
Luna C.
Vessel Make
1977 Marine Trader 34DC
IMG_2478.jpeg
IMG_2480.jpeg
Our Anchorage for the night.

Looks like a great spot! I'm really itching to get over to Lake Champlain for a few weeks one of these next few years.

Looks like a great spot! I'm really itching to get over to Lake Champlain for a few weeks one of these next few years.
I haven't heard of anyone regretting their trip into Lake Champlain yet. Being on far southern end of the lake we have yet to get North of Plattsburg, having to work really interferes with taking longer trips.
Would you do your trip in a loop or return the same way you came?

I haven't heard of anyone regretting their trip into Lake Champlain yet. Being on far southern end of the lake we have yet to get North of Plattsburg, having to work really interferes with taking longer trips.
Would you do your trip in a loop or return the same way you came?
I haven't decided on that part yet, it would depend probably on how long a trip we can manage time-wise, and what places we decide we want to see on the way there and back. Starting from here (Lake Ontario) we could easily do it either way, either an out and back through the Oswego, Erie, and Champlain Canals, or down the St. Lawrence and Chambly Canal to get there and the NY Canals coming home.

We have the same work-related limitation, although I'm almost entirely remote and the admiral can be remote for a period of time with some planning. So we can likely manage a long enough trip to be worth it, just depends on what else is going on to interfere with the planning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom