Dog Ramp Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmreim

Vessel Name
Boundless
Vessel Make
2013 North Pacific 43'
Looking for a convenient dog ramp for our 25# friend. At issue are the narrow (14" wide) cockpit doors on both port & stbd sides. Some version of plastic would be fine (light and perhaps foldable in half) but seems like they're all >15" wide. I suppose I could rig some large padded hooks to extend off the front of the ramp and sit over the the threshold but wondering if anyone else has found a narrower (but safe) ramp or perhaps a more elegant solution?
Thx -
Jim

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_3603.jpeg

Why not make them? A sheet of 1/2” plywood and a couple of 2x4 side rails should work.

David

Home Depot sells aluminum ladder picks in any width you want

Buy a plastic one and use a router to trim it to fit, or even a jig saw.

You could reinforce the cut area underneath with a piece of plywood.

My current boat is dog friendly with a level access to the swim grid, my previous was not and the dog kept getting heavier. I was about to create a harness to lower and raise him with the davit.
A ramp is a good idea as long as the dog agrees. I remember one post where a ramp was made and the dog said no way. How about a shore based ramp to find out if the dog will take to it.

great thought, thx. Our dog will do just about anything with us but "just about" isn't everything.

Our current Lab is 90 pounds and our last one was 122. We have used ramps for both of them depending on the boat. Usually just a matter of spending some time motivating them through food treats.

Thx for the suggestion. Close but about 15" too short - also need it to be suitable for outside.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom