Finding Perkins parts in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksceviour

Vessel Name
Moderation
Vessel Make
Sea Lord 35
Anyone have a good source for Perkins 6.3544 engine parts in Canada?

No one up here seems to stock stuff.

Perkins was bought by Caterpillar. Worth a try.

The usual sources south of the border, TAD and S&W will ship. Depending upon what you are looking for, Diesel Parts Direct and The Modern Group will also ship.

What do you need?

There are hundreds of thousands of these engines in farm equipment around the world. I bought mine for years through farm equipment dealers for 50 - 60% less the the marine pirates.

Canadian government subsideizes farm parts by 30%

High Wire, you are correct although its a bit of a long story, I'll try not to bore you all.
Caterpillar wanted to get their hands on Rolls Royce military diesel multi-fuel technology and also to buy JCB excavators.
Perkins bought Rolls Royce so in turn Caterpillar then bought Perkins and some engines like the Caterpillar C12 are actually Rolls Royce designed engines.
As JCB used Perkins engines Caterpillars boardroom avarice at work said 'if you won't sell us your company we wont sell you engines for your excavators'.
So JCB promptly set up an engine factory and build their own engines for their excavators which have also become a firm favourite with fishermen because of their reliability and superior hydraulic systems for the trawl nets.
JCB also hold a land speed record for their diesel engines.

I also mentioned www.parts4engines.com this company supplies Perkins with OE parts for engine assembly.
Perkins parts are generally cheaper than Caterpillar and as boatpoker says agricultural dealers are definitely far cheaper than marine.
Raw water cooling parts/heat exchangers etc can be obtained from www.ejBowman.co.uk who are Perkins (and many other) OE suppliers.
With Great Britain's exit from Europe's restrictive practices if its made in Great Britain you can now get whatever you want, wherever you want.

Anyone have a good source for Perkins 6.3544 engine parts in Canada?

No one up here seems to stock stuff.

Perkins AKA Massey-Ferguson farm tractor.

Thanks for the info all.

Got the pump from Diesel Parts Direct. Exact match, original Perkins part. Expensive but I need it now.

I'll start looking for some tractor dealers.

Tractor dealers are good for many things, but not for everything. Marinization especially affects the cooling and exhaust systems. Things like the thermostat (temp, manifold, header tank, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom