Floating concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Madrone
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 48 CPMY
Due to Covid restrictions, our annual concert on the island had to be cancelled. Innovative thinkers asked me to provide the "stage" and cruise to three different bays where concert attendees could enjoy the music from their houses, the beach, or in their boats. It went so well, this year will be a repeat. commotion.jpg

A few years back while in Prideaux Haven there was a boat with a band playing, and a flotilla of about a hundred dinghies gathered around enjoying the music. It was a complete surprise to us, and absolutely magical. Was that you?

That was Russ on Près du Soleil. At his 2019 concert, Russ announced that that was the final concert....

A few years back while in Prideaux Haven there was a boat with a band playing, and a flotilla of about a hundred dinghies gathered around enjoying the music. It was a complete surprise to us, and absolutely magical. Was that you?

We were there in 16 or 17, It was raining cats and dogs for most of the concert, later on around midnight a williwaw happened with 40 to 50 knot winds. Several boat's were rafted together and the anchors failed. It was not a pleasant night for several people. I myself became a firm believer in anchor snubbers that night.

Back
Top Bottom