FreedomLift - Under Transom hydraulic tender lift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhislander

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
No Regrets
Vessel Make
Swift Trawler 44
The mast/boom deployment tender deployment system on the Swift Trawler 44 is difficult and stressful... Anyone installed the FreedomLift - Under Transom hydraulic tender lift? Cost? Are you pleased? Issues? Other?

https://www.freedomlift.com/

We looked at a Formula 36PC that had one. The surveyor said that every one of them he has inspected had cracking on the transom from the stress involved.

We put a SeaWise davit on one of our boats and loved it. Launch in about a minute and recover in a couple of minutes.

Boat came with it. It’s wonderful. With remote I can deploy and retrieve my dinghy by myself. I have a very heavy dinghy (a Rigid sport) with a heavy 40hp engine and the freedom lift has no qualms whatsoever with it. The dinghy is held high enough out of the water it’s never pooped or even gotten wet in a following sea. Nothing but good things to say.
The only learning curve was on figuring out approach when there’s a strong current running. If by myself and having trouble tie to midship cleat and let out enough bowline to be able to get on the swim platform. Bring the stern line with me. Then by adjusting the length of both can position the dinghy exactly before hitting the up button. That works even in a good chop.
Boat is a 2007. There’s no cracking nor any evidence of stressing on any part of the boat. The loads are transferred directly to the two main stringers which also support the SeaKeeper and the main engine. As with everything proper installation is key. Don’t think transom is the main support and there’s no point loading. In my installation don’t think I’ll ever see cracking from stress.

Last edited:
The mast/boom deployment tender deployment system on the Swift Trawler 44 is difficult and stressful... Anyone installed the FreedomLift - Under Transom hydraulic tender lift? Cost? Are you pleased? Issues? Other?

https://www.freedomlift.com/

no go on the st44. too much weight too far back. the mast/boom deployment really is not bad at all. i could do it by myself easily. perhaps you need to make some improvements to your system process or situation. i could launch and retrieve the dinghy on the st44 under 5 minutes each by myself. yes with a 2nd person is slightly easier but not necessary. many modify their st44 to make the process easier. i only modified the connection points to make them safer.

Back
Top Bottom