Fuel mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sheldrake

We recently picked our new to us mainship 390 up in Trenton Ontario and cruised her back to Ithaca ny.
It is time to fuel her back up, we have the single Cummins.
Question is do you fill on both tanks or just one and hopefully the crossover will raise the other tank. And yes the valve for the crossover is open.
Thanks

Fill them both each time. The crossover is too small to equalize them while filling just one tank.

David

And go back to top off the first tank after filling the second as that will be draining the whole time you are filling the second tank.

And go back to top off the first tank after filling the second as that will be draining the whole time you are filling the second tank.
Being lazy I just close the crossover while filling both tanks. With 350 gal main tanks, boat leans quite a bit until the second side is full!

I never went back to refill the first tank. Crossover line was only 1/4 inch so not very much time to drain.

I have to play the back and forth on my water tanks every time I fill.

I close one of the tank valves , easiest to reach, and fill one tank at a time.
I carefully listen to the vents and the moment I hear a gurgle I stop and move to the other tank. Only once have I had a burp that put a tiny bit of fuel in the water and that is over 35 years.. I allowed myself to be distracted. Not again and I have told people who want to ask questions to stop untill I am done or I am VERY slow to answer.

Back
Top Bottom