Fuse identification for Mastervolt inverter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeoKa

Guru
Vessel Name
Ironsides
Vessel Make
54' Bruce Roberts steel sailboat hull, coastal LRC, 220HP CAT 3306.
I am trying to locate fuses for my dead inverter. What I can see on the fuse is: 200A, P 58V, E 0821.
When I do a search, lots of similar fuse hits and the closes is a Victron product 200A, P 58V, A 3910.
I do not know, if the last numbers count, or not? Since I cannot locate the exact same model, should I buy the Victron version?
See pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 28
Interesting. I don't have a spare fuse for my Mastervolt. Where is the fuse located? I would think that any 200 amp fuse that could be properly installed would work?

Interesting. I don't have a spare fuse for my Mastervolt. Where is the fuse located? I would think that any 200 amp fuse that could be properly installed would work?

There are 3 of them and you need to remove the front cover to see them. Bolted down next to the DC terminals.

Based my search, not all fuses are the same, even if they look that way. I just want to be sure, I am buying something incompatible.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.jpg
    IMG_0538.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 31
There are 3 of them and you need to remove the front cover to see them. Bolted down next to the DC terminals.

Based my search, not all fuses are the same, even if they look that way. I just want to be sure, I am buying something incompatible.

Thank you.
I will have to have a look. Lets see who else responds.

twisted tree #6: +1
Further, recommend that you do not buy this critical piece of equipment from eBay which is flooded with poor quality knockoff components.

It looks like a 58V MEGA fuse. Take a look at this page, download the datasheet, and check the dimensions to see if that match your old fuse.

https://www.littelfuse.com/products/fuses/automotive-passenger-car/high-current-fuses/bf2-58v.aspx

Almost the same. I checked the measurements and mine is this one:

https://www.littelfuse.com/products/fuses/automotive-passenger-car/high-current-fuses/bf1-58v.aspx

Unfortunately, they do not have it in stock. I'll try to find it somewhere else.

twisted tree #6: +1
Further, recommend that you do not buy this critical piece of equipment from eBay which is flooded with poor quality knockoff components.

Good advice.
I could not find a source, yet. I am not sure who sells these?

Back
Top Bottom