GB 32 1978 Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woody5

Veteran Member
Looking a a glass 78 with a/c heater, original fridge and propane stove. No generator. 800 hrs on a 2005 cat diesel. Also has auto pilot, plotter and radar. Will I be able to keep that stove and a/c running or will they need to be replaced?
Should that equipment be replaced for safety purposes?

The stove is probably a Magic Chef or Princess, both are very robust and parts are available. Since that vintage of AC systems is at best inefficient I would plan on changing that at some point. The AP, plotter and radar may not have all of the fancy bells and whistles but if they work then no reason to change them.

If repowered in 2005 did they also change the tanks?

With a boat of that vintage the main things to check are the deck core and fuel tanks. Particularly if it has teak deck, all the screws make water penetration likely into the core of the deck. The other things you mentioned are small ticket items compared to the tanks and decks.

Hey Woodie5! I have similar vessel, 1978 GB32 Patience
- Water Tank, original classic Raritan worked, end of life and leaking... replaced with Isotherm.
- AC System, split with compressor under aft deck, balance under starboard cabin seat. Dead, end of life. Replaced with single replacement unit in same space.. name escapes me.
- Fridge, original but end of life, very inefficient, new units cleaner, better power management, etc. if your is original, replace.
- Stove, Original, burners still work fine but need to troubleshoot the stove.. I, and you should probably upgrade the propane system components to meet current safety specifications, but the location of the tanks above in flybridge seats provide proper storage. I did replace the original tanks however.
I can get you names of manufactures and model #s with $$ if you like.
Good luck, she's a great boat... if you want to talk teak decking, engine manifolds, Aft Hard Tops, or bow thrusters, look me up!
Good Luck!

Hey Woodie5!
Are you down in Boca? Did you ultimately get this vessel? I am in Pompano Beach for the month and wouldn't mind giving her the run through. I'm about three years in with our Patience and have touched probably 90% of boat.
Bruce

Hello neighbor!

We are just north of you on lake Wyman a popular anchorage in Boca. We would love to see your boat!

Hey Woody5!
Unfortunately it's just me south escaping the chill of the North, although it seems to have followed me down these few days. I have hopes and plans to bring Patience down some day but for now she sits in our yard in NY.

Did you end up finding a vessel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom