Grand Banks Manuals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamiller07

Anyone interested in making a single thread to drop all their GB manuals? I know with the GB Owners forum going down we all lost access to a lot of information.

If y'all drop pdf documents in this I can update this post and keep them on a Google Drive forever.

Example:

1989 42' (link here)
1986 31' (link here)

and keep this as a running forum that is always updated.

I would suggest a better option is to put them into the Library. A seperate sub-category could be made if warranted. "Library" is the top right hand link in the TF banner.

Anyone interested in making a single thread to drop all their GB manuals? I know with the GB Owners forum going down we all lost access to a lot of information.

If y'all drop pdf documents in this I can update this post and keep them on a Google Drive forever.

Example:

1989 42' (link here)
1986 31' (link here)

and keep this as a running forum that is always updated.
Hello
I am new, just bought a 1972 Grand Banks 42 Europa which needs to be refurbished. Alas, I am not very handy. I know you will say, so why buy an old wooden boat. For charm, quality ... and I don't know what else.
I am interested in all documents relating to the Grand Banks including Grand Banks 42 europa, urgently the owner's manual. I have some documents on the engine but nothing on the boat I just bought
If you can help me. bouju.stephane72@gmail.com
thank you in advance

Hello
I am new, just bought a 1972 Grand Banks 42 Europa which needs to be refurbished. Alas, I am not very handy. I know you will say, so why buy an old wooden boat. For charm, quality ... and I don't know what else.
I am interested in all documents relating to the Grand Banks including Grand Banks 42 europa, urgently the owner's manual. I have some documents on the engine but nothing on the boat I just bought
thank you in advance

Does this work for you until you get the exact one
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=129

Which, loosely translated was ...

Thank you very much, it's very useful, you have the construction date of this GB as it looks different from mine.
Kind regards,

No problem. We always try to be helpful on this forum. :thumb:

Merci beaucoup, c'est très utile, vous avez la date de construction de ce GB car il semble différent du mien.
Cordialement

That manual was for hull number 642, very close to my previous boat–a 1979 GB 42 classic, hull number 637–so I would think also from 1979.

There is another manual in the Library section of this forum from an earlier GB 42 (#488).
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=128

What is your hull number? (This number was originally engraved in an oval metal plaque above the helm.)

Last edited:
Mon bateau est actuellement à Gruissan (nous habitons à sommières à environ 150 km, je fais faire le carénage et changer les presses étoupe.
j'ai fait une photo de la plaque avec le N° mais avec le contrejour la photo est illisible et je ne me rappelle plus du numéro.My boat is currently in Gruissan (we live in Sommières about 150 km away, I have the fairing done and the cable glands replaced.
I took a photo of the plate with the number but with the backlight the photo is illegible and I no longer remember the number.

I send a photo, do you see the photo?
I put somm photo in an album on this website. I am not confortable with the function of this website, it is a little difficult for me , but i'll improve my experience, hope it will be better in a few times

Mais oui, I found the photos in your album. People, these can be found under his profile, if you click on his name in the left column, then select 'View public profile'. You can enlarge the photos in the album by double clicking on them.

She certainly was long overdue for a haul-out. There was a lot of marine growth on her bottom, for sure.

Gandolf, how have you taken the photos? - on an iPhone or other smart phone, or an actual camera..?

(Gandolf, comment as-tu pris les photos ? - sur un iPhone ou un autre téléphone intelligent, ou un appareil photo réel..?)

Last edited:
here are photos from Gandalf's profile:

Attachments

• user26214_pic6641_1609154794.jpg
    user26214_pic6641_1609154794.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 72
  • user26214_pic6642_1609154794.jpg
    user26214_pic6642_1609154794.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 59
  • user26214_pic6643_1609154794.jpg
    user26214_pic6643_1609154794.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 54
The bottom looks like a reef and the brightwork needs some TLC but that is a very handsome boat!

In my opinion the Europa is the best layout of the GB 42s and have noticed that they tend to sell at a premium to the other models.

The bottom looks like a reef and the brightwork needs some TLC but that is a very handsome boat!

In my opinion the Europa is the best layout of the GB 42s and have noticed that they tend to sell at a premium to the other models.

thanck you for your message
We have now cleaned Gandalf, that doesn't mean all is all right , but it is the begening of the big work we have to do during the next two years.

We love the europa model, we visit the classic one but to much level from the front to the back, and no visibility from the comand to the back of the boat

Hello
thank you in advance

I have all the original manuals for my 1970 42 classic. They are the original books so not so easy to copy do you need something specific. I have hull #150

Hi - New member, looking for a pdf of the 1971 Grand Banks 50 Europa owner's manual. I don't see one in the Library, does anyone have one?

Looking for manual for a 1979 36 classic. Mine is #599.
Looking specifically to replace water tanks.

Back
Top Bottom