Hello from Texas coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is great please bear with me I'm57 and am done chasing money and titles in Austin and am devoting myself to a Trawler rebuild. My background is commercial historic general contracting for almost 24 years renovating 19C basket case stone drygoods buildings and old saloons, Inns etc. I have a wide range of skills leaning more towards masonry, Misc steel fab and all millwork aspects. Hopefully they can be squeezed into the complexity of the marine industry but it's gonna be a stretch. I've abandoned the desire for a consumer motor yacht for a no-nonsense trawler and make anew ecerythjng i can.. Looking at a 44 foot Thompson to buy and she's just waiting for a sucker like me. Humbly yours, Gullibles travels!, James

Last edited:
Welcome! Where are you keeping your boat?

Welcome aboard. Good luck with the potential purchase.

James I just joined the forum also. We have had several boats and kept them in the Clearlake area. We live in the Hill Country now and would probably keep a boat in the Corpus Christi / Port Aransas area. Was wondering where you were planning to call home port?

Keep your search fairly broad and you will have a better chance of finding what you need.

pete

While basket cases can be tempting, buy the best boat you can afford. A quality purchase will save you immense headache, time, and money. Look in fresh water.

Boats are cheap in South Texas. The environment is very tough on them, few covered slips, and few places to hid from a storm. There is a reason they test paint there.

There are a ton of boats on the Tim Tom and in Alabama that are under cover, in fresh water, and looking for a new home. I was shocked.

Once you decide what you want they can be easy to find, but you have to do diligence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom