Holding Tank Repair/Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Valentine
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
Discovered this hole in my holding tank manifold on 2002 GB Eastbay 43. Could not find any manufacturer info. Anyone have knowledge of where I would start to locate a replacement part or to have one manufactured? Pic included Appreciate your reply!
Steve Smith Justified

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 44
From the picture it looks like your tank is fiberglass, you could get an aluminum plate cut to the same size and use bulkhead fitting to adapt to hose for the 1 inlet and the vent. the problem would be the pump out where you would have to reuse the dip tube or make another... The other fun chore would be pulling the float switches to access the nuts that secure the existing fixture to the tank.... Or you could just block the inlet port and install a uniseal and the a PVC 90 with a hose adapter....

Discovered this hole in my holding tank manifold on 2002 GB Eastbay 43. Could not find any manufacturer info. Anyone have knowledge of where I would start to locate a replacement part or to have one manufactured? Pic included Appreciate your reply!
Steve Smith Justified

Think pvc and fiberglass parts, including dip tube replacement. Keep metal parts away from acidic holding tanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0982.jpg
    IMG_0982.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 29
Think pvc and fiberglass parts, including dip tube replacement. Keep metal parts away from acidic holding tanks.

Yes, urine will eat up metal. Maybe make a new plate out of G10 fiberglass. Jamestown sells it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom