Hurricane surge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
Dock power is off. But I recently added the Victron MP2 and plenty of lithium. Also have Verizon home internet that takes very little juice. And finally added Zumimal pan/zoom wifi cameras. Currently pulling 6.5 amps out of the 920ah bank. Plenty of capacity.

So because of this I can monitor the boat via cam and wifi as well as electrical situation.
Location is Tarpon Springs.

Current situation:
1000013867.jpg

May have another foot or two to go.

Last edited:
Location would help.

I see your pedestal is either pretty short or under 3-feet of water

Not looking good for our place in Madeira Beach. We're flying back from Mexico on Saturday. Drywall knife in hand....

Peter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240926_205046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240926_205046_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240926_185231_Wyze.jpg
    Screenshot_20240926_185231_Wyze.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 9
Location would help.

I see your pedestal is either pretty short or under 3-feet of water

Not looking good for our place in Madeira Beach. We're flying back from Mexico on Saturday. Drywall knife in hand....

Peter
I think its close to cresting. Hopefully its just a bit of drywall and basic stuff. Crossing fingers.

I think its close to cresting. Hopefully its just a bit of drywall and basic stuff. Crossing fingers.

Good luck to you. Looks worse the further north you go. Our house is a 1950s cottage - slab on grade. We're thinking of moving a few miles inland to higher ground to avoid storms like this. We travel a lot and it's an unnecessary distraction.

Always enjoy your posts. Best wishes.

Peter

Good luck to you. Looks worse the further north you go. Our house is a 1950s cottage - slab on grade. We're thinking of moving a few miles inland to higher ground to avoid storms like this. We travel a lot and it's an unnecessary distraction.

Always enjoy your posts. Best wishes.

Peter
It's definitely slowing. This latest is nearly an hour after the picture above and only gone up a few inches.
1000013876.jpg

Back
Top Bottom