Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Teak deck on steel hull and deck, great mistake..
YES ! And unfortunately it is the "rule" for Nederland boatyard...
We had :
one 12m De Alm we remove the teak
one Doggerbank 18m Vripack ...don't keept her long enought but the teak must be removed.
the actual : we removed the teak :)
The only advantage for the teak is :
in winter better insulation (but not in summer because the teak warm up more than the white plating)
and less noisy when raining

I would almost 100% agree with you @balder8, except I would say “Teak decks, great mistake…”

No more for me, that’s for sure, but perhaps my experience was worse than most because they were teak planks over steel frames. No sub-deck.

I would almost 100% agree with you @balder8, except I would say “Teak decks, great mistake…”

No more for me, that’s for sure, but perhaps my experience was worse than most because they were teak planks over steel frames. No sub-deck.
Our second boat was even worste be aussi they put teck deck on wood beam on...steel deck and steel beam !!!
It is the worste water stay between this big gab until the rust make à hole on the steel deck..when we bough her they already remove the teck, remove the steel and fit CP with fiberglass...This boat built Germany with 'only' 20 year old was in very bad shape must replace 29+sqm of the hull, including structure...

Back
Top Bottom