Jabsco Quiet Flush Leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I noticed a while back that our motor was struggling on our Jabsco toilet. I ordered a new motor a couple weeks ago. When I took the old motor off I noticed a couple of hairline cracks in the plastic motor base that’s between motor and toilet. The motor was basically froze up but still able to empty the head .

It wasn’t leaking before but when I replaced the motor today I couldn’t get the o ring to seal off. I guess the old motor torqued enough the crack the flange. It pulls down where the 4 boots are at but leaves a gap in the center . It’s a very thin o ring with not much sealing surface.

I ordered a new plastic mount with seal , bolts and o ring . Hope that does it . Man that new motor is 10 times quieter than the old one.

Last edited:
You might have been better off buying the entire pump/motor assembly instead of just the motor.

--Peggie

You might have been better off buying the entire pump/motor assembly instead of just the motor.

--Peggie
I don’t use the pump anymore per your suggestion on sucking in lake water . We use fresh water out of gallon jugs . The head definitely smells better since and it works for us . I pushed the motor over it’s limits. It’s been loud for a couple years and I didn’t know better.

The pump doesn't only pull in flush water...it also pushes bowl contents out. You may indeed have pushed the motor beyond its limit, but pumps wear out too. Plus, when you replace both as a single assembly, you also get new seals, gaskets etc.

--Peggie

The pump doesn't only pull in flush water...it also pushes bowl contents out. You may indeed have pushed the motor beyond its limit, but pumps wear out too. Plus, when you replace both as a single assembly, you also get new seals, gaskets etc.

--Peggie
Peggie, He has a Quiet Flush so the on toilet pump is discharge only. I think what he is saying is that he doesn’t use the remote supply pump anymore.

Pack Mule, carrying jugs of water to flush your toilet sounds like a pita. Why don’t you add a dedicated fresh water tank and connect your remote supply pump to it? Another option is to get Peggie to tell you what you need to safely connect to your boats existing water system.

--Peggie
I should’ve run it past you first. When I first had problems I was ready to buy a marine elegance but something else came up more important .

Peggie, He has a Quiet Flush so the on toilet pump is discharge only. I think what he is saying is that he doesn’t use the remote supply pump anymore.

Pack Mule, carrying jugs of water to flush your toilet sounds like a pita. Why don’t you add a dedicated fresh water tank and connect your remote supply pump to it? Another option is to get Peggie to tell you what you need to safely connect to your boats existing water system.
It is a PITA . We only spend weekends on the boat so not so bad. Both of my big water tanks are shot and 3 of my 5 fuel tanks are shot. I’m down to 120 gallons of fuel capacity and only 20 gallons of water capacity .
I’m needing to retire so we are reevaluating the boating thing. Don’t want to get out right now but may need to .

Last edited:

I get that, Parks. But the discharge pump assembly get just as much use/wear as the motor that powers it, so it just makes sense to replace the entire pump/motor assembly instead of just the motor... 'cuz as sure as the sun comes up and goes down, the discharge impeller will be the next thing to fail.

Marty, we may be able to work out a simple inexpensive way to supply fresh water to your toilet without connecting it to the potable water plumbing or installing a flush water tank. So let's talk soon...send me a PM and I'll reply with my phone number.

--Peggie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom