Jetski on swim platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sndog

I was wondering about ideas, or solutions, on how to get a jetski on a swim platform.

My platform will be about 12" ~ 15" above the waterline, and wondering about the solutions.

My davit crane will not reach that far back, unfortunately. I want to do hydraulics, but that is currently not in my schedule, so need something.

My swim platform is 4'6" deep at the narrowest point, and is about 12' wide. It will support the weight without an issue. There are two swim ladders, each about a 12" in from the ends of the swim platform.

Swim platform is 1/4" aluminum top plate, with 1/2" x 6" aluminum support structures.

Thank you

What about mounting a roller on one side and using a winch to pull it up on the platform? Make some kind of brackets to hold it in place.

Your davit crane must be able to get over water somehow, doesn't it ? Can you pick up the jet ski there, and then swing it over to the platform ?

Hi, here is my solution based on two rotating supports on the swimplatform in combination with a hydraulic outsliding gangway.

Attachments

• IMG_20220418_191459.jpg
    IMG_20220418_191459.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 101
Your davit crane must be able to get over water somehow, doesn't it ? Can you pick up the jet ski there, and then swing it over to the platform ?

Unfortunately, it will not reach.

If you look at my fancy picture, it should help explain it some. The dvit crane hs not been mounted yet, and though I would love to mount it towards the rear of the boat, the knowledge of how to do that safely is beyond my current comprehension.

Open to ideas for that as well. The back canopy is not that sturdy to hold a crane, though my williams jet tender will reside there.

Attachments

• davit jet ski.jpg
    davit jet ski.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 60
I'm with Comdave on this. Build a platform which sets on the swim step and has rollers on one end. You can add an inexpensive trailer winch from Harbor Freight on the opposite end which can be removed once it's loaded.

500 pounds can be an awfully lot in rough seas, or combined with an operator or someone doing the loading. Add a little gear and fuel and two people helping with the loading or unloading and you are looking at 1,000 pounds, that is a lot for most swim platforms.

pete

We considered carrying a jet ski on our platform some years ago a local fiberglass guy talked me out of it. Seems the platform is not the failure point it’s the transom evidently 500 lbs takes its toll over time ours towed easily we invented a tow line that ran thru sch 80 pvc pipe such that we had a handle for docking manuvers

We considered carrying a jet ski on our platform some years ago a local fiberglass guy talked me out of it. Seems the platform is not the failure point it’s the transom evidently 500 lbs takes its toll over time ours towed easily we invented a tow line that ran thru sch 80 pvc pipe such that we had a handle for docking manuvers

Send me a photo of this, please.

My platform is solid, and has 7 or vertical members, 6" x 1/2" aluminum, that slide into corresponding brackets on the hull, that are welded into my 3/8" steel transom with ribs behind that.

It all depends on how the swim platform is built. Our boat came from the factory with a hydraulic hoist to lift a jetski up onto the swim platform. Some previous owner removed it but some of the original parts are still there and the factory invoice showed it. I believe it was rated for 1,000 pounds. But my original platform isn’t a bolt on platform either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom