Kohler Gen Mixer Elbow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Kohler 8Oez on Mainship 400.

Has anyone changed the exhaust elbow/mixer on this generator. It looks pretty straight forward to me, just four bolts, but getting access is going to be hard. I think I can squeeze back behond the genset and unbolt it with the hose attached, then pull the hose and elbow around to the front.

I'm not having an issue with it currently, but it is original (2005) and I'm concerned that it is deteriorating. I'd at least like to look at the inside of it.

Anyone have a part number?

Doug, does this look like what you need?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 51
No problem Doug. I have the service parts manual in my Google drive, do you want me to email you the file?

Good morning, I have a Mainship 400 with a Kohler 8eozd generator. It shut down with a LOP (low oil pressure) code and I found the bottom of the pan was full of oil. Any suggestions where to look for the leak? Nothing apparent from the side or front. Thanks

Good morning, I have a Mainship 400 with a Kohler 8eozd generator. It shut down with a LOP (low oil pressure) code and I found the bottom of the pan was full of oil. Any suggestions where to look for the leak? Nothing apparent from the side or front. Thanks

I can't help you there but you may want to start a new thread with a good headline and you might get more suggestions.

Kohler Generator

I can't help you there but you may want to start a new thread with a good headline and you might get more suggestions.
Thanks garmstro55. I found the problem. There was a small hole in the oil filter that drained the oil.

Kohler Gen Mixing Elbow

Kohler 8Oez on Mainship 400.

Has anyone changed the exhaust elbow/mixer on this generator. It looks pretty straight forward to me, just four bolts, but getting access is going to be hard. I think I can squeeze back behond the genset and unbolt it with the hose attached, then pull the hose and elbow around to the front.

I'm not having an issue with it currently, but it is original (2005) and I'm concerned that it is deteriorating. I'd at least like to look at the inside of it.

Anyone have a part number?

Wanted to follow up on this and ask did you ever remove the elbow for inspection? If you did remove, how did you get access? How did it look?

Wanted to follow up on this and ask did you ever remove the elbow for inspection? If you did remove, how did you get access? How did it look?

I ordered the elbow, but have not installed it yet. Access is pretty tough, even though I don't have a sound shield. There's only four bolts on it though, so it shouldn't be impossible.

If you haven't done so already, I would recommend you start soaking those bolts with penetrating oil like Kroil to aid in their removal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom