La Paz haul out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wfleenor

Vessel Name
Double-Wide
Vessel Make
49ft Custom Power Catamaran
At one time in La Paz there was a Bercovich boatworks just south of La Paz which some research suggests it may also have been called Naveles Servicio. It is listed as having a travelift that would be able to haul out my 23.4ft beam catamaran. Does anyone know if the facility still operates and under what name? I am heading to the SoC this winter and am trying to identify all available boatyards that can haul out my boat. Thanks.

Not sure where your starting point is, but if Ensenada fits your criteria, pretty sure La Costa Boat works in Ensenada has at least 23.5 door beam capacity. They have a 150-ton lift which I watched pull a 85-foot McQueen motor yacht which likely has at least 24-foot beam.

I'm pretty sure Mazatlan and San Blas do NOT have adequate beam capacity. La Cruz (Banderas Bay) might have that capacity.

Peter

Honestly I have not heard good reports from the La Paz boat yards.
There is a travel lift to the left of our home port Marina De La Paz, and another at Baja Costa.

Unless it's an emergency my opinion is go to Baja Naval in Ensenada, and get top quality work at a reasonable price.

I think in all of the Sea of Cortez, only a couple of places can haul you with that beam. In La Paz, it would be Abaroa just south of Marina de La Paz. Further north in Guaymas, the commercial yard next to Gabriel’s Marina Seca will haul you and put you in Gabriel’s yard.
Perhaps Puerto Penasco, not sure, and perhaps Marine Group in San Jose del Cabo.
Gabriel’s is pretty much DIY and I cannot vouch for the others.

Back
Top Bottom