Lender for an 83 Labelle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jon1972s

Hi, having a hard time finding a lender for an 83 Labelle Sun Deck Trawler. Survey value is $90,000. Purchase price is 70,000. Any info would be great. Thanks. 43'.

On this forum, more info gives more answers. For now, find a broker who represents several LENDING companies. They can help guide you to a policy. Edit: I meant lending broker.

Last edited:
You will need a substantial down payment to get a bank interested. A home equity loan is more likely.

Some people don't want to tie up their home equity up in a boat, they also don't want to deplete their savings for a boat. To these people I ask.."How do you think the banks feel?"

To buy a $70,000 boat, you pretty much need at least half of that amount in ready cash. Some for the down payment, some for immediate expenses like survey, some transportation, a tank of fuel, taxes license, etc. And some for first year improvements, electronics, a berth, storage, new canvas, etc. and then some for long term expenses like new engine, new paint color, more electronics, etc.

If you can't lay your hands on $35,000 I think you should consider a less expensive boat.

pete

You might try Cindy Lewis at Sterling. She may be able to help, but then again maybe nobody is financing old boats now due to the virus. 410-903-6611

BTW, welcome aboard.

I had great luck with Lightstream. If you need something less than 100k in (max) 84 months they are a breeze; if you qualify of course.

I asked for 50k and my approval came the next day.

Also, no lien required. They may ask for proof that you used the funds for the boat, car, etc.

Boats over 30 years old are very difficult to get financed. I don’t know of anyone in the PNW that will do it.

Boats over 30 years old are very difficult to get financed. I don’t know of anyone in the PNW that will do it.

Exactly. That is what Cindy at Sterling told me too.
Personal (boat) loan at Lightstream was not bad. I got an 7 year loan at 5.49%

I couldn’t beat that...though he sold the boat out days after we settled on a price.

Back
Top Bottom