Lobster Tacos in Turtle Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksanders

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
DOS PECES
Vessel Make
BAYLINER 4788
Tonight we are at anchor in Turtle Bay BCS Mexico

We traded for some Lobsters, so we can have Tacos!

I love Lobster Tacos especially with home made tortillas.

:)

PS guess who the owner of the boat in the photo is and win the prize

Attachments

• IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2286.jpg
    IMG_2286.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2289.jpg
    IMG_2289.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 49
the only thing that can make turtle bay better are the lobsters:thumb:

That boat belongs to Terry Wilkinson I think.
Don Gato?
I’ll take a couple of those lobsters…

Last edited:
WE have run a number of boats down to Cabo, Turtle for fuel, and a good place to start putting the lines in if you like Dorado! Once you get to Cedros Island, the Panga lobster fisherman will surround your boat looking to trade for beer, cigerattes, or $$$. All you want!

WE have run a number of boats down to Cabo, Turtle for fuel, and a good place to start putting the lines in if you like Dorado! Once you get to Cedros Island, the Panga lobster fisherman will surround your boat looking to trade for beer, cigerattes, or $$$. All you want!

Dodger's baseball caps will yield highest return on investment.

That boat belongs to Terry Wilkinson I think.
Don Gato?
I’ll take a couple of those lobsters…

Question??? How did you do during the hurricane???
Have you seen the boat in my slip wearing the dock light??

Question??? How did you do during the hurricane???
Have you seen the boat in my slip wearing the dock light??

It sounds like DOMINO did fine. We have not been down there yet but we have a boat watch during storm season we hire that is associated with Cruisers Supply. Alon says no damage other than something came off the counter and dinged the wood floor a little. I will take that given the carnage around us.

Kevin, what exactly did you trade for those lobsters?

A bag of chips and a bottle of soda.

Of course we bought plenty of chips and soda yesterday for more trading fodder.

It sounds like DOMINO did fine. We have not been down there yet but we have a boat watch during storm season we hire that is associated with Cruisers Supply. Alon says no damage other than something came off the counter and dinged the wood floor a little. I will take that given the carnage around us.

Good!

The marina got lucky this time.

Imagine if the winds would have been from within the bay or worse yet at an angle.

A bag of chips and a bottle of soda.

Of course we bought plenty of chips and soda yesterday for more trading fodder.

Wow, that's a great deal. Maybe we should stock up on junk food for bartering!:dance:

That's a better deal than I got in Mag Bay, I got two lobsters for two cerveza but didn't haggle. I was in Puerto Alcatraz, the beer was cold and going down as the panga pulled away, the lobster alive and kicking! Fabulous anchorage, super good protection from North winds, zero services...

Your right, interesting you remember, hope your boat is good, sounds like it is. Will we see you this winter?

Don’t know what his prize is, let me guess, margaritas

With Kevin the prize is ALWAYS margaritas :) Not down there this winter, heading to the Philippines boatless for the winter. I know who he is buddy boating with, we're chatting on WhatsApp regularly, he bagged a nice yellowfin today around 40 lbs. He was impressed with how they can pull, I told him wait until he hooks a 100 lb fish!

Maybe next winter, the 30' Willard was feeling small, if capable, after a year of living on board.

Your right, interesting you remember, hope your boat is good, sounds like it is. Will we see you this winter?

Don’t know what his prize is, let me guess, margaritas

Yes, We will be there and hope to cross paths with you again. First trip down scheduled for November 9th. If Kevin is out of margaritas, we can probably round some up!

Yes, We will be there and hope to cross paths with you again. First trip down scheduled for November 9th. If Kevin is out of margaritas, we can probably round some up!

We are never out of Margaritas!!!

and... Your boat is 10 feet from our cockpit... Margaritaville!!!

Wow, that's a great deal. Maybe we should stock up on junk food for bartering!:dance:

The trick is you get the lobstgers on the down low.

The Cooperative prohibits seling lobsters except to them, and they control thre fishery.

So.. You are away from always watching eyes, and you approach a panga...

And just down the coast the fish started biting!

Attachments

• IMG_6378.jpg
    IMG_6378.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6357.jpg
    IMG_6357.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6368.jpg
    IMG_6368.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I traded one led headlamp and batteries for 13 lobsters at Santa Maria some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom