Lock and hinge for teak railing on GB42?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FBoykin

Vessel Name
Hannah Jane
Vessel Make
2000 Grand Banks 42 Classic
Hi All,

A GB acquaintance from Australia contacted me looking for a replacement lock & hinge for one of the gates in his teak railing. My GB had stainless steel railings so I can't help him.

I'm hoping someone knows where to find some parts or how to repair the latch spring.

Thanks!

Fred Boykin
fboykin@bicyclesouth.com
404-668-4274

20230310_083420.jpg

20230310_092248.jpg

20230310_092304.jpg

processed-c36be634-6fb8-4f57-bf7e-098347215e88_Ol4ZzBK2.jpg

Last edited:
Well I thought I might be able to help as one of my mine was removed 10 years ago to fit RIB up on boat deck, and I'm in Australia. But so far I've only been able to find the hinge, as in pic. I'll PM my email to you, pass it on to your acquaintance if you wish.

Attachments

• Rail hinge 1.jpg
    Rail hinge 1.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Rail hinge 2.jpg
    Rail hinge 2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 22
I have stuff that looks like that on my boat. The hinges work good but I need to remove and fix the lock sides.

To the OP, I see you are in Fort Myers. There was at least one Grand Banks in your area that unfortunately was being totaled and in late fall was still in its slip, but was going to be cut up and moved. I talked to that owner and bought a couple of items, but there was a gentleman, the owner referred me to in Maryland who specializes in used Grand Banks parts. That guy beat me to a couple of items. However, since then knowing he’s available, we have ordered some things ourselves from. I don’t feel comfortable posting his information in a forum, but if you will PM me if you would like it I’m happy to share

To the OP, I see you are in Fort Myers. There was at least one Grand Banks in your area that unfortunately was being totaled and in late fall was still in its slip, but was going to be cut up and moved. I talked to that owner and bought a couple of items, but there was a gentleman, the owner referred me to in Maryland who specializes in used Grand Banks parts. That guy beat me to a couple of items. However, since then knowing he’s available, we have ordered some things ourselves from. I don’t feel comfortable posting his information in a forum, but if you will PM me if you would like it I’m happy to share

I can’t figure out how to pm you here. I’m very interested in knowing who your source is for GB parts. Just purchased a GB 42 with teak liferail removed around transom and I need to replace it. You can email me at oldharborseal@hotmail.com. Thanks. Jim

Back
Top Bottom