Looking for my family's lost 1980 C & L 38 Trawler...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rolly33

Hello all!

I am attempting to track down a boat that was very special to my family, put up for auction June 2023. All I know about the auction is that the proceeds were given to a charity that would hand out bibles around the world. The boat was from Port Townsend and was named "Lady Mari", a 1980 C & L Trawler. I hope whoever she is with now is thoroughly enjoying their time on the water as much as our family did, and creating sweet memories to keep forever. As our family remains quite sentimental towards Lady Mari, and I am hoping to get in contact with the owner to see if there are any parts of the boat that may need replacement, such as boat cleats, a table, a bench, a port hole, etc., whatever it may be. I would love to pay to have the original piece sent to me and pay for a replacement piece so my mom may have a small piece of this boat to hold onto. I know this is a stretch, but I can't let the idea go until I at least give this a try. I hope you are all having a good time on the water, and thank you for taking the time to read!

Fair winds and following seas,

rolly33

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 1.57.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 1.57.52 PM.png
    820.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 1.59.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 1.59.09 PM.png
    960.8 KB · Views: 40
Have you tried to go through the auctioneer? The boat auction / charity donation sites I have dealt with handle transfer / reassignment of title and are required to maintain records.

Back
Top Bottom