Mainship 350/390 Hot Air Diesel Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mainshiptom

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Naphy III
Vessel Make
Mainship 350/390
So it is very cold here and I just purchased a Chinese Hot air diesel heather but now wandrering where is the best place to fit it,

I am tempeted to fit under Helm since will deliver heat to Cabins easily and shower and saloon no problem , also fuel will be easily pulled from ther genrator feed but where shall i let the exhust out? it is veruy hot so can not be close to plastic wires etc..

Has anyone done it? advise?

A few questions:
Can you give the mfg and model name... or an install detail?
How big must the exhaust and supply be?

Under the helm in a Mainship sounds very difficult... just no room there, and you don't want the heat going up into the electronics.

On my Mainship (400) which is very similar, I thought of putting one in the second bedroom, perhaps replacing one (or both) of the upper cabinets. Easy to pipe a supply to the salon and to the master state room, where heat is needed.

Under the helm in a Mainship sounds very difficult... just no room there, and you don't want the heat going up into the electronics.

I suspect he means in the lazarette/locker underneath where you stand at the helm, not within the helm itself. I'm not sure if there is a hatch in the sole at the helm in a 400, but the 350 and 390 have them there. The space in there is fairly large.

Back
Top Bottom