Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave48309

Have 390 with 2 standard group 31s (I believe) batteries and smaller one for the generator. Shelf between twins (Yanmars) is not long enough to house 8Ds, unless they hang over. Anyone have thoughts or have a twin 390 with 8Ds and how did you set them up?

Why would you want to put 8Ds in? Most people are trying to get rid of them an go to smaller batteries so they are able to move the batteries without ruining their backs. What do you want to accomplish with the 8Ds?

Typically more Ah is better than less. Especially anchoring out. Not looking forward to moving them. Looked at the Lipos, but I still do not trust them. Also most of the loopers and long range guys I know are always looking for Ah's. Thats why they spend thousands on the solar panels.

Yes also had an issue last weekend, took out both house/start batteries anchored. I do not intend to let it happen again. I have already switched everything over to LED.

I just replaced my 2 8D's and wired them in parallel to make them a single large house bank. I installed a 4D as a separate starting battery. However, I have a single and have a ton of room.

Back
Top Bottom