Mainship 40 sedan bridge vs 350/390 trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T28w

Hey guys looking for info comparing these two boats. I have no experience with boats this size as I grew up on a river and a 18 foot bass boat is All I’ve ever owned. I have been offshores several times but always on 40+ foot sport fishers so no knowledge when it comes to this. I have walked the locale marina that is on the loop and have seen a Mainship 400 trawler that was the last of the 350/390 trawler line. It was a very nice boat but prob a little out of my price currently. I have yet to see the sedan bridge but like what I see from pics online.

So how the two compare in 3-4 foot seas? Is one inherently more seaworthy that the other? I understand the trawler with a following sea can have difficulties.

How big of a deal is stern of sedan bridge, with the opening/door in regards to allowing water into the cockpit from a wave if the boat were fishing and stationary?

Other than access to the engines and cost of operating a planning hull what else should I be considering if trying to decide between the two.

I don’t see long trips where cost to operate really comes into play anytime in the near future and I think it would be used mostly as a place to stay at the coast for short weekend trips and would be more used for day fishing trips over long distance cruising.

I have searched and read a fair amount on here about the trawler but didn’t find much on here or other places so hoping some nice folks will have experience with the sedan bridge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom