Mainship 430 aft cabin AC access.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Derek

Vessel Name
Donna Mae
Vessel Make
2005 Mainship 430
We have three AC units. The one serving the second bedroom and bath is easy to get to under the mattress. The one for the rear stateroom is under the stairs and I have no idea how to get to it. The third unit for the salon is under where the TV and Bose stereo are. I think I get to that one by removing the closet in the rear stateroom. Figured I better pose the question here before I start ripping out walls and closets [emoji53]

If you're talking about the unit under the stairs to the aft cockpit, I got to it by taking the closet apart. I couldn't see any way to remove the stairs. Even then there isn't very good access. Take the intake grill out to see the other side. A hint about the closet, start with the ceiling.

If you're talking about the unit under the stairs to the aft cockpit, I got to it by taking the closet apart. I couldn't see any way to remove the stairs. Even then there isn't very good access. Take the intake grill out to see the other side. A hint about the closet, start with the ceiling.

Thanks for the advice.

Sawsall and big hammer…

Mainship did a lot of things right but some things ya just have to wonder what was in the drinking water in St Augustine!

Looking at the aft stairs thru the return vent, there's screws on the bottom of the treads that look like they hold them on. Yes, one can pull out the sides of the closet but that's a real headache and hard to put back in.

I'm going to try to take the treads off sometime, and then figure out how to remove the steps all at once, but a big project. And FWIW, the boats that hold the Prop strut are UNDER the AC unit that's under the stairs. VERY hard to access.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Mainship did a lot of things right but some things ya just have to wonder what was in the drinking water in St Augustine!

I think just about all boat manufacturers do that sometimes. Unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom