Mainship Mark iii Interior Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiMi

Vessel Name
Mamba
Vessel Make
Mainship Mark iii
Hey all, I've been looking around the forum but haven't really seen much on interior lights for old Mainship Marks. Does anyone have info on a quality replacement for the 3 (2 in salon, 1 in galley) interior dome lights for Mark iii? Appreciate it.

Welcome aboard. I am not familiar with those exact lights, but most will just find some other LED lights that will fit. No reason to ever replace any light with an incandescent.

Honestly these are getting older so it's hard to tell what is original anymore. On my Mk III I had 2 fluorescent lights in the salon. I replaced the tubes with LED tubes.

The problem with the old light fixtures is that the plastic gets brittle and yellow. I just prefer to replace the whole fixture with a new LED one. It isn’t like there are dozens to replace so the extra cost is minimal.

Thanks. I have replaced the incandescents with LEDs, I'm looking at replacing the whole units. They are original, and as mentioned, aging quite noticeably.

While these are by no means a quality upgrade, we bought these from ebay to replace the ones in the salon. They're better than the 70's vintage simulated wood-grain ones we had before. They cover the old screw holes ,they're bright and they're cheap. We really don't use the overhead lighting in the salon much, anyway. We're still using the cheesy original one in the galley overhead but the bulbs are changed to LED.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 24
  • QTYW1737.jpg
    QTYW1737.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 20
Plus if you anchor out, the power consumption will be much less.

Back
Top Bottom