Marine Trader Europa - Lehman w Paragon Transmission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gdinsdale2017

I am looking at a 1976 Marine Trader Europa with a Lehman 120 with 4k hrs - The owner says the transmission - Paragon model ?? has a leak. Any suggestion on repair or replacement?. 4k hours is not a lot for a boat this age I wondering why the transmission has a leak ?

Any help appreciated

George

Even though it only has 4000 hours it is 48 years old. Our boat only has 2900ish hours but it 47 years old. I replaced all the coolant hoses and oil lines on the engine recently because they were in rough shape. Had a pretty good oil leak from one hose and antifreeze seeping from another.

Do you know where it is leaking from? Could be a seal or gasket or hose.

Thanks for the reply - The leak is the real seal. This is a boat I am looking to buy and trying to estimate how much will it cost to repair.

BTW I also looking at a 1987 Marine Trader 34 DC with a Lehman sp 135 - It has 2500 hrs and there is bubbles in the fuel line - Do I have to replace from the Racor 500 to the engine ? Any Idea?

Thanks Again

George

Thanks for the reply - The leak is the real seal. This is a boat I am looking to buy and trying to estimate how much will it cost to repair.

BTW I also looking at a 1987 Marine Trader 34 DC with a Lehman sp 135 - It has 2500 hrs and there is bubbles in the fuel line - Do I have to replace from the Racor 500 to the engine ? Any Idea?

Thanks Again

George
Not necessarily, could just be a loose fitting somewhere. I've also replaced my fuel tanks and fuel lines from the tanks to the Racor.

Where is the boat located? that may help with a recommendation for someone to reseal your transmission. Will you R&R the transmission to bring it to a shop or are you looking for someone to do the whole job?

If it is a rear seal, you can change in boat if there is enough room to move shaft back to allow rear trans flange removal.
Check out these folks for parts.....and you might want to grab a manual off ebay..

Back
Top Bottom