Mercruiser 340hp 7.4 Oil / Fuel Filter + More

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hola

Hi there!

I have been recently been given the mission by a close friend to start working on a 1986 Sea Ray Sedan Bridge with 2x Mercruiser 340hp 7.4 inboards. While my initial thoughts were only interior work, I have started looking into getting things such as oil filters, fuel filters, oil changes, and spark plugs done for now.

I do not have the manual for the boat / engines and the filters stickers are faded so I am unsure where to find the information pertaining to parts to purchase. I called West Marine but they gave me a general filter which may or may not fit this model. I tried Google but numerous replies left me a bit unsure. From what I've found so far, Wix Filters / NAPA may be the way to go. Would these work? https://www.napaonline.com/en/searc...cruiser_marine/7.4l_340_hp_mie/1985/201579748

Experts of this forum...

Any ideas which oil filters/fuel filters/spark plugs/oil I should be looking at for this specific boat / engines?

Looking forward to the feedback from the forum and starting my journey on this fun boat.

Thanks and nice to be here! :thumb:

Last edited:
mercruiserparts.com has one of the easiest diagram databases for parts lookup. believe furthest back is '88 which should be applicable for most peripheral things.

I've got the same engines (Mercruiser 340 MIE). Spark plugs are AC Delco MR43t or the equivalent cross reference. Oil filter is a Wix 51086. Fuel filter is a Racor PFF5510 or the OE Mercury/Quicksilver filter.

Yay i am glad I got some responses. Thanks Turtle Blues and rslifkin, I will look into those.

Hi Comodave, thanks :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom