Monk trawler 1971, Skalu II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saxe

I joined the forum as I now have a passion for Wooden boats. Have always dreamed of living on a boat and at the age of 51 I had a deal I could not refuse. She had be left floundering as the owner had another boat and only so much time in a day. We made a spectacular arrangement with the handshake asking me to take the time to restore her to her formal beauty. August 1st I will be taking her for a trip from Brentwood bay to her new slip in west bay Esquimalt. This is the first cruise since I picked her up 18 months ago.

New fluids , steering check, electrical, cooling She is ready to go. Bringing 3 friends with skills, electrical, mechanical and one skilled captain and best friend,

Looking forward to reading other peoples experiences. She is 53 years old and looking great.

IMG_7795.jpg

It is not unusual on this forum to receive comments such as a free boat is the most expensive boat. I say have fun and cruise her while you work on her. Good luck, she is a beauty!

Have you looked up Peter Knowles? You can find him on Youtube the channel is "Cruising with Geordie", I enjoy watching his content restoring, maintaining and upgrading 3 different wooden boats. I also believe he is in your neck of the woods.

Just looked him up on YouTube, FANTASTIC!

Its Travels with Geordie, BTW.

As another old Monk trawler owner, I'm looking forward to hearing updates on this endeavor. She looks like very close to a Jones Goodell build that a friend owned for years, although she was a Garden design.

Back
Top Bottom