Naiad Hydraulic question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadePanama

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Jade Panama'
Vessel Make
2001 Rayburn Custom 76
Hi everyone.

I have a question about my Naiad hydraulic system. This supports both my thrusters and stabilizers. The system uses a main distribution manifold with 10 or so connections that go into the sides. On the top of the manifold are 4 large bolt heads. One of them just started leaking pretty badly. (circled in red in pic). While I feel pretty strong in most any system on the boat, the one I have no experience with is hydraulics in general.

Are these bolts on the top of the manifold just that.. bolts? where possibly an oring or gasket failed and i can just pull and replace, or are these functional internally where they are part of how fluid is routed etc in / out of ports.

I guess in general, are these big manifolds essentially just a big distribution block or is there more to them than that?

Thanks in advance to any of you hydraulic experts out there :)

IMG_4722-225x300.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4722.jpg
    IMG_4722.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 33
Greetings,
Mr. JP. Give Stabilized Marine in Fort Lauderdale a call. (954) 797-7330. VERY helpful to me when I needed information and servicing.

Hope they're still in business...

Pretty sure if you send them one of those pictures they can help you out over the phone.

Last edited:
My bet is they are Boss plugs. They cover ports that can be accessed for various uses. There should be an o ring right under the cap . If you are concerned about removing them , you can loosen it a few turns and with a pick take the o ring over the top.

I too would guess an O-ring boss plug. Its a really good thing to have extras on hand. You can/should buy a cheap kit of caps and plugs for both O ring boss (ORB) and JIC. Each is probably 100 bucks. In the event of a line failure or other issue, you can disconnect the damaged hose and plug the ports and keep other aspects of your systems running.

Thank you both for that info. that's what I suspected, but as I said Hydraulics has not been my thing. Ill pick those up (ORB and JIC) and knock her out. Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Electronics etc... I'm good... I am sure this is no different than anything else just need to dig into it.

Back
Top Bottom