Naut “A” Dory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeeman

Hello fellow trawler fans

We are a 40Ft over all Blue seas trawler
Twin Volvos 136 hp
1986 vintage

Skipper Glenn and Admiral Debi
We have piloted the boat from Halifax, NS ,Canada to the Isl of Mujerese, Mexico beginning in August of 2022 and arriving at our final destination in March of 2023.

It was quite the adventure and we learned a lot about a host of things from navigation to currents and tides.

I am a older fellow 72 and Deb is a young 67 :)
She is awesome admeral and a joy.to help me bring my dreams to ferition.

I would love to chat with those that are making there dreams come true.

We have sold most of our assets in Canada for the life of Trawler Trash and happy we did it

Regards

Glenn & Deb

Wow, congrats on that accomplishment. It takes a lot of courage to take on a trip like that especially at this stage in life, although maybe that's the best time, like now or never. Standing ovation from me. And welcome to TF.

Hello fellow trawler fans

We are a 40Ft over all Blue seas trawler
Twin Volvos 136 hp
1986 vintage

Skipper Glenn and Admiral Debi
We have piloted the boat from Halifax, NS ,Canada to the Isl of Mujerese, Mexico beginning in August of 2022 and arriving at our final destination in March of 2023.

It was quite the adventure and we learned a lot about a host of things from navigation to currents and tides.

I am a older fellow 72 and Deb is a young 67 :)
She is awesome admeral and a joy.to help me bring my dreams to ferition.

I would love to chat with those that are making there dreams come true.

We have sold most of our assets in Canada for the life of Trawler Trash and happy we did it

Regards

Glenn & Deb
Hi Glenn and Debi. Our stories are almost identical. Canadians who have sold home and everything. In our early 70’s. We bought our Atlantic 47 in Texas and are taking her back to Canada for the summer. Plan to take her to Bahamas for winters and Canada for summers. Have had a few challenges on the trip across the southern ICW but have managed. Have learned a ton having come from 28 years of sailing the 1000 Islands. Once we turn north we will feel like we are on our way ‘home’. Up until now we feel like we have been just ‘getting her out of Texas’, which we loved. Interested in hearing how you are managing being out of home country so long. Also looking for other Atlantic 47 owners to share info and solutions to any issues that arise. We have Detroit 435’s. Need some suggestions on current issue.
Sam

Back
Top Bottom