New Jersey Transit Outside (not ICW)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BroadCove

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Say Goodbye
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
All - I'm heading north from the Chesapeake to Maine this coming week. Intention is to head from Kent Island, MD to Belmar, NJ tomorrow (relative has a house there) and spend a couple of days before continuing on.

Question is regarding NJ marine forecast as I don't know the waters well. Came south the same way from Long Island Sound in April, had a perfect weather day from Old Saybrook to Cape May on our first day.

For reference, I'll be on plane at 20-22 kts (I know, not a trawler, but I value the experience here...and previously had a trawler). Here's tomorrow's forecast:

SAT (July 10)
N winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. Swell mainly from the
S with a dominant period of 7 seconds.

Wind against swell, but light wind and swell on my stern, and a decent period. Seems fine to me but if anyone with local knowledge thinks otherwise, would welcome your input. Thanks in advance!

Looks pretty good to me. The north wind shouldn't bother you much if you hug the coast. The swell from the south should be lower as well along the coast and the wind driven seas will be lower if within a mile of the coast.

David

That was my thought (hope). Appreciate the insight!

Saturday forecast looks good. Stay at least 3 miles off the beach with your radar to keep you away from inlet shoals. Safe trip.

Back
Top Bottom