New member finger lakes NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SMAlsworth

Greetings! My wife and I are newbies to boating in general and have recently found ourselves obsessing about trawlers and navigating the NY canal system, etc. We are facing an empty nest in 3 years and we are preparing to find an engaging hobby. We are looking forward to soaking up information and we appreciate the breadth of data in this forum. We live in Horseheads NY near Seneca Lake and Cayuga Lake.

Shane & Jacqueline

Welcome. Plenty of trawlers on both lakes. My parents had a Mainship 34 at Seneca Lake State Park for many years.

Welcome aboard. The NY Canals System is great. First thing to do, IMO, as new boaters is to take some classes. Good luck.

Shane
Welcome aboard TF! You are in good company here. I'll get you some info to help you satisfy Dave's suggestion... its a good one and you know my thoughts.
Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions at any time, and feel free to ask the TF brain trust the same questions to see how others respond.

Make the quest to find the boat that suits your style, fun vs a chore.

Welcome aboard! There are plenty of us here that live near and/or have traveled through the NY Canals. So you're certainly in good company.

how do you factor the weather ?
is air conditioning to rest at night a consideration?

I normally leave NC as the season starts and try to clear the NY area before July because of the heat.

thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom